Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pizza! Pizza!

Greetings and welcome to my new pizza blog!

Pizza has been a staple of my diet ever since I was a kid growing up in Sea Cliff, New York. Back then I used to make my parents take me to Ellio's, just next to the Pudgie's Chicken in the CVS Shopping Center. If the weather was nice, my friends and I would ride our bikes up to see Jeff at Village Pizza on Sea Cliff Avenue, where we would pool money to grab a slice (plain, or pepperoni if we had a little extra scratch that week) and a soda.  

These days, things have changed. All my original pizza destinations have come and gone -- even that Pudgie's Chicken is no longer. I moved to North Carolina in 1998, and although I was pulled away from my roots my love and appreciation for a great slice has never ceased.

Now living (and loving!) in Charlotte, North Carolina, I've spent the last seven years here on a mission to find the ultimate slice. Yes, I've had to settle a few times, but over the years I think I have found a few good joints, and continually keep my heart open to find more.

The mission? Find the best slice in Charlotte. The method? In my humble opinion, one cannot truly review a pizzeria without trying its plain cheese slice first. How else can you accurately determine the quality of the sauce, the thickness of the cheese, the crisp of the crust? Don't get me wrong -- I love my toppings! -- but they can often be masks for what is a rather inadequate slice. I will also review a second house specialty slice, and other random menu items from time to time.

Anyway, feel free to comment and chime in with your own personal favorites! Is there a pizza place you want to see reviewed here? Let us know.

Happy pizza-ing and enjoy the blog!

1 comment:

  1. If there was a "like" button, I would "like" this post and this blog. Pizza is worth dedicating a blog to, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! If you ever make it as far west as Montana, I can take you to some great pizza joints. Just sayin'. :) Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete